Monday, 21 July 2014

Royal International Air Tattoo, Fairford.9th to 14th of July

This our first real test of using the caravan without the benifit of an electric hook up. Before leaving home I made sure that the battery was properly charged up. Then it was off to Kempsford,about 30 miles north of us. When we got to Cirencester wefaced a major diversion due to a road being closed,and this added about 20 minutes to the journey.
We got to the site at Kempsford just before 1.00pm. Robert had already arrived and had set up, so we pitched up next to him.We were roughly in the same position as last year, so we new that provided a motorhome or a caravan did not set up in front of us we would have a good view.

The weather was very good so we settled down to watch the planes and helicopters arrive.

During Thursday we watched the various display teams practising their routines. Mark arrived in his MR2 at lunch time. Each evening we went up to the bar, where many real ales were on sale, and there was a field resteraunt. This was the Hog roast!

On Friday we went into the Air Show.  Only two thirds of the show ground was open, and it was not over crowded at all. We were able to get right up close to the Red Arrows.  I must admit that the planes are much smaller than I imagined them to be.

This was the Breitling team that were parked next to them.

We wandered the stalls and various displays, thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

On Saturday, which again was very hot we spent the day sat outside the caravan enjoying the acrobatic displays.

There were a few light showers on Sunday morning but they did not really affect us. We covered the part of the show that had not been open on Friday.  There was not really anything of interest there, so we had a zoom round the rest of the show.

When we got back to the caravan, Mark had cleared up and left as he had work on Monday morning.

We cleared up in the sun on Monday morning, in between watching the planes depart!

Straight home and put the caravan into its storeage.

The Solar panel had worked brilliantly, with the battery never dropping below 13 volts.

A good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment