Saturday, 18 April 2015

Northam Farm Brean. 24th to 31st March 2015

Well Lizzie has had her operation for replacement right wrist.   She is still very, very sore, but wanted to get Away in the caravan again.  Lizzie was given the task of finding a site that was close enough for us to get to the doctors or the hospital should we need it.  Northam Farm, which is on the Brean Coast road was selected. We drove down on Wednesday, taking the route straight through Bristol and down the A38.
We soon found the site and selected ourselves a decent pitch against the hedge on the no dogs field..This really is a huge site with many fields full of caravans.  Many are tourers that live on site all year.

Soon had the caravan set up and dinner on!

On the first morning I went down to the shop for the morning papers at 08.00, and no Daily Telegraph's!  I asked why and was told there was no call for them! Plenty of copies of the Star, the Sun and the Mirror though! I thought that shows the kind people on site here!
We soon fell into a routine of  out in the morning for coffee in a place where we could see the sea, and then back in the afternoon for Lizzie to rest her poorly wrist!

Brean beach looking South.

Brean Beach looking North

On the Friday we went to the Brean Inn to meet Donna and Pete for lunch! I have to say it was very good.  Several hours of catching up went on as we have not seen Donna and Pete for some time!

We got back to site and it had certainly filled up with weekend visitors!  Tractors were also running round the site bringing caravans from storage for weekend visitors!  Interestingly none of the pitches are numbered, so people must just arrive and be told that your caravan is in that field, so go find it

Over the weekend it started to get very windy, and several awnings collapsed!

On the Monday we went in to Weston Super Mare for coffee and met Zoe and Emily!  Zoe had done her first long drive in her car where she used motorways!  With Emily acting as her Sat-Nav they got down to Weston in just over the hour.  We had lunch together and the they followed us back to Brean as they wanted to go to the funfair.

On the Tuesday,the wind started to get bad again, with the site staff actually chaining some caravans down.  It got so bad that I took the awning down!

We cleared up and drove home on the Wednesday, the break having given Lizzie a good rest to aid her recuperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment