Monday 27 August 2018

Severn Valley Railway

We decided to visit the Severn Valley railway, so we booked a few days at the Unicorn Inn camp site at Hampton Loade. The site was OK, but there were an awful lot of Static Caravans and seasonal caravans.  However its position is good as the trains run along the top of the site.



We decided to visit Bridgenorth for a look round on the Thursday. Quite a nice little town.



On the Friday I went on the Severn Valley Railway. My first trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I travelled up the line from Hampton Loade  to Bridgenorth, and then all the way down to Kidderminster, where I had a good wander round the station and the small museum. Then it was back on a different train back to Hampton Loade.

Made me smile when I saw these from the train.





Robert and Kathy arrived on the Saturday and camped at the bottom of the site.
During the afternoon Barry called into visit all of us. It was certainly good to meet up.

We cleared up on the Sunday morning and set off home after lunch, to get ready to travel to France on the Tuesday.

A good short trip 4 nights, and we will certainly visit the site again.

No comments:

Post a Comment