Monday 13 May 2019

Bourton on the Water CMC site

Well decorating done so off we go again. This time to Bourton on the Water CMC site. This is actually some distance from Bourton on the Water.
It is built on the site of Notgrove station, which was on the Banbury to Cheltenham railway. The site, as it was once a station, is long and narrow. There is no toilet block either!
I was rather pleased to find lots of information about the station which I was able to sit and read!





Notgrove Station as it once was. Our caravan was pitched to the right of where the locomotivewas



The site today with our caravan on the right. The house in the first picture is just off to the left.

On the Wednesday I had a day playing trains on the Gloucestershire / Warwickshire railway! I opted to travel up and down the line in a DMU. Glad I did as the steam train was actually full of children.
I was able to sit behind the driver, and was chatting to him!

Drivers Eve View
It really was a great day out, but most of my photos are very similar to the one above!

During the night both Lizzie and I were awoken at about 3.00am by a train passing somewhere close! yet there is no railway within 10 miles of the site! Was it a ghost train?

On Thursday we decided to go to Stow on the Wold! It blew, It snowed, it then rained. We did not even get out of the car.

After a great few days we returned home

No comments:

Post a Comment